|Exhibitions/Events||Name : SHIVAJI M SHET|
Date of Birth: 30 -01- 1974, Ribandar - Goa
At present Research Scholar, Graphic Department, kala-bhavana, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan.
(1) Visiting lecturer for school of Drama, Kala Akademi – Panaji Goa year June 2010 to Year April 2012
(2) Radio Jockey on Fm Rainbow , Mhadei channel and Vividh-bharati– All India Radio –Prasar Bharati - Panajim –Goa year Aug 2009 to year June 2012.
Jan’01-2006 – May 15, 2007 ANZ International, Dabaspet Executive art Effects designer
Oct 12’-2004-Nov 15’-2005 Saudi business & development est., Art director
Nov 01’-2003-Sept 30’-2004 Indus-Vista Editions, Art Director
Nariman– Point Mumbai
* M.F.A. in Graphic Art ( Print - Making ) , First Class
Kala - Bhavana, an Institute of fine Arts and Crafts, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal,
* B.F.A. in Painting, First class, Goa college of Fine Art, Goa University, Altinho- Panajim –Year 1999
* Two week training Course in Book Publishing , org. by National Book Trust Trust, India and Goa Konkani Academi –Panajim-Goa.2005
* VANI Course,All India Radio ,PrasarBharati,Altinho – Panajim – Goa – 2007.
• Bharat Excellence Award, Gold Medal and Certificates, Friendship Forum of India, 27th Jan 2012, New Delhi
• 68TH All India Art Exhibition ,Indian Academy Of Fine Arts,Amrutsar,2002
• STATE ART EXHIBITION, Kala Academy - Goa in 1997, 1998, 1999,2002
• 74th ALL INDIA ART EXHIBITION of the 21st century ( Phase I ) state level organized by Kala – academy –Goa in collaboration with A.I.F.A.C.S., New Delhi -2001
• 72nd & 73rd ANNUAL STATE LEVEL EXHIBITION, A.I.F.A.C.S., New Delhi - 2000
• First Prize of Sculpture State Level Exhibition celebrating 50 yrs of Independence of India ` A.I.F.A.C.S., New Delhi & Kala Academy – Goa - 1999
• First Prize, Outdoor Sketching Goa College of Fine Art 1998 and 1999
• Merit Prize Goa college of Fine Art, Panaji- Goa 1997, 1998 and 1999
• `SILVER MEDAL ` at the 5th All India Art Exhibition AVANTIKA, a group of Indian Contemporary Artist, New Delhi - 1997
• First Prize, Leprosy Eradication, org. by Hindustan Geigy & Lions Club of Goa 1996
• Poster Painting awards, Youth Festival, Goa University, 1997,98,99.
• Rangoli Awards, Mahashala kala - Sangam, Marcela – Goa – 1997,96,95,94.
• Rangoli awards at various competitions In Goa – 1991,92,93,94,95,96.
• Volcano` Youth Festival, awards for Paintings, Mural, Chalk Carving , Rangoli, Clay modeling, poster painting, collages, Face Painting Org : architecture college , Farmagudi – Goa – 93.
• Vistara` Youth festival – awards for chalk carvings,murals,paintings, murals,clay modeling,poster ,collages,face paintings,mime,skit,one act play competitions org: Goa college of architecture, panajim- Goa –1991. 1992,93,94.
• Happenings` Youth Festival, Paintings, Rangoli, poster painting, collages Org : Engineering college , Farmagudi – Goa – 93.
• Poster painting competition Org: Ponda Education Society’s college of arts ,science and Commerce – Ponda –Goa – 91
Scholarship & Fellowship :
* Junior Research Fellowship, Department of Culture, Govt of India 2000 - 2002
* Kala Academy Scholarship, Goa 1999-2001
• PAATHSHALA – Summer Camp - Learn,Play and Fun- from 2nd may to 11th May 2012 for the children age 5 years to 16years organised by Shivaji shet at the Devi Bhagavati Chimulkarin Hall – Marcela.
• Devi- The Goddess Of Power - An Exhibition of Paintings, Art Gallery, Kala – academy, Goa – oct 2009 - Goa
• An Exhibition of Paintings & Prints at kasthuri sreenivasan art gallery & textile Museum, Coimbatore - 2nd april to 6th april 2008 – Tamil nadu.
• An Exhibition of Drawings & Prints at Espresso Art Gallery, Shreshta Art Resources , Bangalore – September-october-2003 – Karnataka.
• An Exhibition of Prints, Art Gallery, Kala – academy, Goa – Jan 2002- Goa
• Exhibition of Paintings, Drawings , Prints and Installation by Shivaji M Shet & Chandan Bezbaruah of Assam At Art gallery cum studio cum Residence of Eminent Print-maker Late shri. Somanath Hore,Lalbandh , Santiniketan – April -2002
• Artistree 2013 – Master strokes , A Group show of Goan artists at the RUCHIKA ART GALLERY , Miramar - GOA – 25th feb to 15th March 2013
• CHAR ADHYAYA – A cultural Festival Of Art, Music & Dance – Exhibition Of Painting By Sri Lankan & International Artists, At the National Art Gallery, by Santiniketan Friends in collaboration with Indo – Sri Lankan Foundation, Colombo- SRILANKA – 15th – 17th October 2012
• Exhibitions of Paintings by Goan Artists on the occasion of 61st birthday of senior editor and visionary Hon. Shri. Kiran Thakur at Kala Akademi Art Gallery, Campal,Panajim , 7th April to 9th April, 2012
• Exhibitions of Paintings by Goan Artists entitled : WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET(WYSIWYG) at Gallery Gitanjali – fontainhas –Panajim- 3rd march – 17th march 2012.
• Five Fingers- Tilting Art Gallery 6th to 8th Jan 2012, Yerwada, Pune.
• Draw The Line- A Kaleidoscopic Multi Media Exploration of Line & Boundaries featuring over forty Goa based Artists, Sunaparanta-Goa Center for the Arts, Altinho, Panaji-Goa from 14th Dec 2011 to 14th Jan 2012.
• Once upon a time ………A Multimedia Exhibition , At Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai – May - 2005
• Once upon a time ………A Multimedia Exhibition ,at Faculty of Fine Arts , M.S.University , Baroda – March 2005
• Once upon a time ………A Multimedia Exhibition , At Art Galleria,Fundacao Oriente,Fontainhas - Panajim –Goa - 2004
• An Exhibition of Contemporary Goan Artists, organized by Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi & Kala Academy, 1999
• An Exhibition of Prints by Graphic Dept at Nandan Gallery, Kala - Bhavana, Visva - Bharati, Santiniketan – West –Bengal - 2001
• FUSION` - an Art Exhibition of Graphic Prints, Kala- Bhavana Visva - Bharati, Santiniketan , West - Bengal - 2001,
* ALL INDIA –JUNIOR ARTIST PAINTING WORKSHOP ,Organised by All India Fine Arts and Crafts ,New Delhi – 1st March – 3rd March 2012.
* Regional art week – artist camp in the New media ,Painting, sculpture, printmaking and sculpture org. by Lalit kala akademi Chennai in collaboration with kalashetra, chomandalm arts village and dakshinachitra at lalit kala akdemi – Chennai 2011.
* Young Artists Workshops on Print-Making at Goa College of Fine Arts,Goa with Eminent Artist- printmaker Shri .Laxma Goud & Print-maker shri, Rm.Palaniappan Org. by Lalit Kala Akademi – Chennai –Jan 1999.
* ALL INDIA - INTER UNIVERSITY STUDENTS` WORKSHOP ,Kala- Bhavana , an Institute of fine arts and Crafts,Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan , West-Bengal -1998
* Artist Camp 1st to 3rd March 2012 organized by All Iniad Fine Arts & Craft society New Delhi.
* 3rd All India art exhibition - org: bhiku Ram jain art foundation at Art Mall , New delhi -2011.
* Monsoon Expression festival organized by the Directorate of Art & culture Goa. In the year August 2008.
* Chitra Santhe`2007 , `ART FOR ALL` - An events for artists,art lovers and art buyers,At Kumara krupa road org: Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath –Bangalore-3oth December 2007.
* All India Art Fair and Festival – At Convention Hall , Chinamaya Mission , New Delhi – 2007.
* Art Exhibition at the 35th Annual Conference of The All Bodo Student`s Union ,Kokrajhar , Assam – February -2003.
* 11th INTERNATIONAL TRIENNIAL OF SMALL GRAPHIC PRINTS,POLAND - 2002
* Millennium All India Art Exhibition ,72nd & 73rd & 74th Annual All India Art Exhibition, A.I.F.A.C.S ., New Delhi -1999,2000,2001.
* Annual Art Exhibition , Birla Arts & Culture, Calcutta – 2001.
* 42nd National Exhibition of Art, Lalit Kala Academy,New Delhi, 2001
* India Japan Exchange Exhibition of Prints, Saga Arts College, Art Space Saga, Japan 1999, 2000, & 2001
* 65th & 66th All India Exhibition of Art, the Indian Academy of Fine Art, Amritsar, 1999, 2000 and 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
* 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th All India Art Contest & Exhibition South Central Zone Cultural Center, Nagpur - 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000
* State Level Art Exhibition celebrating 50 yrs of Independence of India ` A.I.F.A.C.S., New Delhi & Kala Academy – Goa - 1997
* 105th All India Annual Art Exhibition, Mumbai Art Society, Mumbai - 1997
* 5th All India Art Exhibition to celebrate the 50 years of Art in Independence India, Avantika a group of Indian Contemporary Artist, New Delhi - 1997
* State Art Exhibition, Kala Academy Goa - 1994,95,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,08,09,10,2011,2012.
* Aids Awareness Poster Competition, Goa Medical College, Goa - 1996
* The Theme : `Leprosy Eradication` - Art contest , org: Hindustan Ciba - Geigy, Corlim & Lions club of Old –Goa - 1996.
* Rangoli competitions , Mahashala Kala Sangam, Marcela –Goa - 1994,95,96,97,98,99.
* Landscape Exhibition, Mahashala Kala Sangam. Marcela – Goa - 1994, 1995, 1996.
* Rangoli competitions , at various competitions all over Goa from 1989 – 1998.
THEATRE AWARDS :
1. Mime ---- First Place - Best Performance at intercollegiate mime competition org by Xavier College, Mapusa Goa,1999.
2. Skit------- First Place - Best Performance at intercollegiate skit competition org by Xavier College, Mapusa Goa, 1999
3. Sanskriti- First Place - Konkani Play: writer – Uday Chari – at P.E.S. COLLEGE ponda, organized by Goa University, 1996.
• Illustrated for the Annual ganesh chaturthi Magazine of Sunaparantasunaparanta Konkani daily newspaper pvt ltd – Panajim – Goa -2008
• Illustrated for books “Shantiniketan Paribesh Charcha” and Paribesh Shilpi-O-Rupankar-Rathindranath Tagore by Eminent writer Shri. Devi Prassanna Chatterjee, Kolkata in the year 2002 and 2004 Respectively.
• Illustrated for Annual Magazine of Ramakrishna Mission, Shantiniketan in the year 2002.
• Demonstrations on Water Colours, Drawing & Cartooning for Yuva Marathi Sammelan & Goa Yuva Mahotsava, Goa in the Year 1997, 1998 & 1999
• Direction, Choreography and Performance of “Goan Traditional Folk Dances” in Goa college of fine art –Goa -1999, Rabindra Natyaghar & Nandan mela festivals in Shantiniketan in west Bengal, in the year 2000 and 2001.
Goan dances : 1. Veerbhadra, 2. Dhangar Dance, 3. Ghode Modni
• Talk : on the designing and Presentation of food packaging AT Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry ( GCCCI ) Hall – Panajim – Goa : Org : by Goa State Social Welfare – Panaji - Goa
|Publications||1)"MOTIFS IN FOLK ART FORMS IN TRADITIONAL ART FORMS IN GOA " PUBLISHED IN GOA- NEWSPAPERS ,GOA -NDIA - 2002.|
2)WRITE UP FOR VARIOUS ARTISTS CATALOGUES - EXHIBITIONS - GOA,BANGALORE - INDIA -2000,2003,2004.
3)Holds the distinction of illustrating for eminent writers and poets for the books, novels, souvenirs and journals of repute.
1)"SANTINIKETAN PARIBESH CHARCHA" BY D.P.CHATTERJEE -ILLUSTRATED IN THE YEAR 1999.
2)RATHINDRANATH TAGORE -D.P.CHATTERJEE -ILLUSTRATED IN THE YEAR 2002.
Shivaji M Shet
House No: 1079, 1st floor, 3rd Main,
2nd cross, Kalyan Nagar,Nagarabhavi
Malag - Wada, KumbharJua,
Goa - 403 107.INDIA
EMAIL: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE: +91 9767508372
|Education||* B.F.A. In Painting with First class, Goa college of Art, |
Goa University, 1999 , India
* M.F.A. in Print Making (Graphic Art) with First Class
Kala Bhavana, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal,India
* Junior Research Scholarship, Ministry of Human Resource Dept,
Dept of Culture, Govt of India, in a Graphic Kala Bhavana, Visva
Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal, 2002
|Date of birth||30.01.1974||Why make art?||"ART" is a expression of the day to day experiences, imaginary ideas ,thoughts and concepts of life for me.to xpress it means to put the life on a space` to view ,to realise and experience for all.....life has a various stages and phases to represents on the space...|