I knew I was an artist when in the fourth grade I won a tiny box of Whitman Sampler chocolates for the best decorated Valentine bag in the entire class.
My fascination with putting together bits and pieces of things continued. It manifested in many series- collages, handmade papers, fabric designs, and sculptures and altered digital prints. I explored some of these in college and graduated with a degree in Fine Art and Arts Administration from Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York.
I’ve explored ways to foster my creativity with special projects-
• Studio apprentice with renowned papermaker John Babcock
• Guest curator at the Greene County Council of the Arts
• Art instructor for the Arts Council of Santa Cruz County and The Tang Teaching Museum
• Artist in Residence in New York and California
• NYFA Mark grant participant
My lifestyle has taken me coast to coast and south to Mexico and back. This has resulted in a geographically diverse exhibition history of juried group and one person shows-
• The Albany Institute of History and Art in NY
• Mendocino Arts Gallery in CA
• Casa Contenta in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
• The Hanbeck Gallery and the Lauren Clark Gallery in MA
I continue to spend time in my studio creating original artwork with a focus on installation structures and cultivating patience as I teach myself PhotoShop.
|Education||Skidmore College||Date of birth||Why make art?|